Thursday, November 16, 2017

Years Later...

Plenty of time has rushed past us since there was any form of an update. The car still lives in the garage and is slowly be messed with. Finally drained all of the old fluids out of the engine and gas tank. I did tackle one exterior mod that I have been wanting to do since laying my eyes on the car many moons ago..


I swapped out the stock Lark grill in favor of a Champ grill. The grill has been sitting in my garage for over a year and I finally got around to it. I have actually started working on the old girl.

One thing that I really want to change in it is the Transmission. The idea of swapping in an AT has been shared on here in the past and I am fully looking into that currently. I want to be able to drive around comfortably without hassle... I would also like my wife to be able to get in and go as well, this is a family ride after all.

I am in the process of building shelving in the garage to alleviate the storage issues and all the stuff stored in and around the car.

From an Instagram post a couple of months ago...


"It's been almost 3.5 years since John and I last talked about our plans for the Studebaker. Plans that were finally going to take shape. And that was maybe the last time I was able to work on it. Since his passing I've avoided it, covered it up, because it was going to be our thing, that we rebuilt together. I've made excuses of why I couldn't or didn't work on it. No more. 

It's finally time, and I'm ready, to get moving on it. It will always be our thing. But now, it's about me. I'm doing this for me and my family. It's about living for the future and not living in those memories. It's about a future of memories to be made. A future full of break downs, burnouts, and cruises. 

Time has a funny way of teaching us who we are and what we want to do. It can heal wounds and it can jump start your future. The future of this car is on the pavement. Time behind the wheel. Time with family. Time chasing burnouts and hopefully avoiding breakdowns.


*I will be going through and deleting broken photos soon.*

No comments:

Post a Comment